The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire “Blugold Hall of
Fame” has been established to pay tribute, to give deserved
recognition, and to enhance school tradition by honoring former
athletes, coaches and other university staff who have shown
distinctive, unique or exceptional ability while on the campus at
Eau Claire and since graduation.
Criteria to be considered for induction
- The nominee must have graduated from UW-Eau Claire.
- The nominee must have been an athletic participant, as
reflected in official university records, for at least two (2)
- The nominee is eligible for nomination fifteen (15) years after
completing their collegiate eligibility. (Women are
currently at 13 years, going to 14 in 2014 and 2015 and working
toward 15 in 2016)
- The nominee must have been an outstanding athlete who made a
significant contribution to the UW-Eau Claire athletic
program. (Typically, an athlete would have been
multi-year All-Conference or have received national
- While athletic achievement is of prime importance, character
and good citizenship during both undergraduate and post-graduate
years will be taken into consideration.
- Outstanding accomplishments after leaving Eau Claire will also
be a factor in making the selections.
- The nominee must have coached a minimum of five (5) years at
UW-Eau Claire in the sport in which they are being recognized.
- The nominee must have completed their tenure as a coach at
UW-Eau Claire. The nominee is eligible for consideration upon
retirement or five years after leaving UW-Eau Claire.
- The nominee must have attained recognition in their sport.
- The nominee has been or is an example of good character and
- Other factors that will influence the selection of a coach
include the following:
a. Success at UW-Eau
b. Length of career at UW-Eau
c. Concern for the welfare of
d. Achievements of former
e. Outstanding achievements after leaving
- The nominee must been in a leadership or support service
position for intercollegiate athletics at UW-Eau Claire for at
least 15 years.
- The nominee is eligible for consideration upon retirement or
five years after leaving UW-Eau Claire.
- Other factors that will influence the selection are the
a. Length of service at
b. Support for the welfare of
c. Support for the success of the
d. Positions or achievement
in professional or outside organizations related to the athletics
The selection committee has the right to make exceptions to
certain criteria on a case by case basis.
*Complete as much information as you have available to you. If
you are unsure of certain facts, please do not include.
Blugold Athletics & Honors
(List the credentials this individual has for inclusion in the
Hall of Fame. Include years of participation; any conference,
district, regional or national honors; scholar-athlete honors; team
honors such as captain, MVP, most improved, etc; records set at the
school, conference or national level. Also mention the success of
the Blugold teams on which the nominee participated).